What is User Testing?
- the techniques which are used to test the design and usability of websites
- a way of understanding how users achieve their online goals
- a method of understanding real users’ behavior on a website
- a way to identify a website’s problems and indicate possible solutions
What is not User Testing?
- simple aggregation of opinions of users
- usability inspection (Usability inspection / Expert Reviews) carried out by an expert. What is obvious to an expert may not be obvious to the average user. Previously unknown problems can always be found by looking at the activity of real users.